» Administrivia #
I've switched my publishing engine from Typo to a home-brew platform called "perpubplat" which appears to be stable enough (i.e., better than Typo) but will remain a work in progress. (I'll post more on perpubplat later; I'm happy to share source code with folks and will post Darcs repository information once I've cleaned things up a bit.)
Of relevance to feed subscribers (and perhaps how you ended up here):
- RSS feeds are no longer provided in any form. What would have been a request for an RSS feed directs to an Atom feed containing this post.
- As a corollary of the non-existence of RSS, categories (as semantic artifacts of RSS) no longer exist. Instead, you can pick out a relevant by-tag feed, e.g., for posts tagged Haskell, Java, or entrepreneurship. (For any by-tag or by-date view, there is an associated feed available via autodiscovery.)
- Comment feeds by article internal identifier are no longer supported. (Comment feeds by article are supported with a different, permatitle-based URI; check the autodiscovery links on a single article page.)
Of relevance to visitors:
- For the time being, new comments aren't supported directly on this blog, but that shouldn't stop you from commenting on your own blog or posting to a community site like Reddit or DZone. The plumbing for comments (as well as trackbacks and backreferences) is present, but I haven't decided how I want to restrict content and control spam yet. Historical comments and trackbacks are present.
- I've made some effort (i.e., using FeedValidator and
xmllint) to ensure that specification compliance is provided when advertised, including cleaning up the content of older posts, but please let me know if something falls short.